Friday, April 1, 2011

Crazy

This morning was rough. It was tough dropping Isaiah off at school. He has been 6 days since he has had severe stomach pain and I have so enjoyed having him back to himself. He has had moments of pain, but nothing like he experienced for 2 weeks. Praise God that the medicine he has been taking has been helping. I love having him back to normal, and dropping him off at school has been killing me. I want to spend all day with him! It makes me long for June. For summer break. To long for September when we begin our homeschooling journey.

Yes, the world thinks I'm crazy. Yes, the world thinks my kids will lack socialization. Yes, I really do long for spending days with my children. Yes, I know it is going to be really hard when they are fighting and I just want to hide under the covers of my bed. I want to hide under my covers right now, but I'm missing the sound of my children in my home.

Going crazy is a chance I'm willing to take to not miss my kids anymore.

I've been going down this road of becoming a woman of God. Basically everything that the world tells me NOT to be. Counter-cultural. To, *gasp*, be submissive to my husband. To put my family's concern over my own. But what about me time? What about my alone time? Really? Alone time? In studying Proverbs 31, I'm not seeing her priority in her 'me time'. I know that women have a difficult time living up to the Proverbs 31 Woman. And yes, we can't achieve all that she does alone. We need Christ. We need to lean on Christ. We can't do it alone.

As I write this, I have 2 of my 3 kiddos on my lap. And you know what? I love it. My heart misses Isaiah. These years go by so quickly. I want to soak up every moment.

Yes, I am crazy. Yes, I am crazy in love with Jesus.

This is a favorite in our house. It's not about this world. It's about our God, it's about eternity.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Just checked in here b/c I felt led, & WOW! Praying for every ounce of confidence, faith, & grace you need to make it until the end of this school year and for your new journey next year!!!