Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am battling some serious tiredness.  I don't feel necessarily sick, just crazy exhausted.  I am in the third tri so I guess it should be expected.  I have just felt really good this pregnancy (minus the sciatic nerve pain and the heartburn).  We are praising God that this pregnancy has been uneventful!  Not that I am known for problematic pregnancies but with Hannah I had numerous ultrasounds because I measured 6 weeks behind and she was unbelievably relaxed in the womb.  I know, shocking.  She is currently running around my house with the boys like a wild chick and never stops talking!  And T, well...he isn't known for his health! :) 

So it is Thursday.  And we have so much to be thankful for.  I have so enjoyed just listening to my children laugh together this week.  Hysterical laughter.  It has been fantastic.  To see them bond together as we succeed and struggle through our school work has been absolutely amazing.  Isaiah is such an encourager.  Earlier this week he told me that I was so good at math!  He stopped his work, to cheer on his brother while he was rocking out his number recognition (through 59!!!!)  And Hannah just so happened to guess a word correctly that he was sounding out and he was so eager to give her a high-5!  Don't worry, all encouragement from him is tossed aside during a round of Mario Kart on the Wii!  He is ruthless with the controller in his hand, beware! :)

I am thankful for a husband who works so hard for us.  Right now he is nearing his robotics team competition so he is putting long hours in at school while still needing to do all of his regular grading and planning.  He has only a few more days before his basketball season starts, for a few weeks he will be pulling double coaching duty...and we will see how his robotics team does...it could go longer!  I am so thankful that he enjoys what he does!  I am thankful that he puts the kids to bed at night while I either go to bed myself, or just crash on the sofa in the quiet for a few minutes.  I am thankful that he will say "How about subs for dinner?" when cooking is nonexistent and he knows I'm tired.  

I am thankful to sit next to two very eager boys who want to read to me!  I am blown away with how well they are doing!  Turner is sounding out everything he possibly can.  He is so driven to read!  Isaiah read some very challenging words today (thunderstorm! seriously! thunderstorm!) He is learning and using so many tools to help with his reading.  I love to sit with him when it is just us in the morning when the younger two are still sleeping and Sam has went off to work and we just read.  His confidence is growing daily as he reads more.  Next week I'm going to throw a reading challenge at him for Thanksgiving break.  Technically we aren't having school, but is there really such a thing when you home school?  Turner started adding 1 this week in math and wow!  He has a new found love for math now!  He loves to be challenged.  This is a side of him I never imagined!  Isaiah loves a challenge, but it makes Turner so passionate!  It also helps that he is getting closer to the work this brother is doing which drives him a bit more!  They work on their writing at the same time each day and then switch their books so the other one can choose the best written letter on the page.  Then get get to pick a sticker to put next to the letter and a sticker for their brother.  They thought this up on their own! 

I am thankful for Hannah and all of her girlie girl-ness.  I was determined to have a tomboy but she is all girl.  I am thankful that I get to experience NaNa-Mommy-Daughter dates!  I love our conversations and the cuddles!  I love how possessive she is of "HER" baby, and of "HER" boys. 

I am thankful that God chose to bless us with another baby!  This little boy totally wasn't planned but God knew exactly what He was doing!  Everyday we get more and more excited to meet him!  I wonder what he will look like?  Will he beat Turner's massive amounts of hair?  Will he be more lean like Isaiah?  I just can't wait to snuggle him!!  To smell him.  I love to feel him react to the kids kisses or a hand to feel him kick.  I feel like I'm learning so much about his personality right now, I can't wait to put a face with it!

No comments: