Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homeschooling Day #2

Breakfast started like this from my T-man:
"Mom, I don't like school.  I don't want to do it today."

I knew this day was coming.  I just didn't think it would before the start of our second day.  I'll admit I felt a tad deflated dreading the fight that was coming just around the corner.  My oldest on the other hand could not wait to dig in.

Today's workload was a bit heavier than yesterday.  I told the boys that after school and lunch we would take a walk to the skate park where they could perfect their moves on their scooters.  It was perfect for my T-man to focus on that throughout his work.  Right now my struggle is with keeping my 3 year old happily entertained while I work one on one with the boys.  She is usually right there with me while I do everything, so this is going to be an adjustment for her more than any of us, I think.

We were done by 11:30, even with our science which my husband taught!  (We are dreading him going to back to work in a few weeks when school opens.)  It was wonderful and the questions that the kids asked were awesome!  As we were sitting down for lunch, my oldest son shared with him how much he is enjoying homeschooling and requested to not go back to public school!  I pray that this is his reaction in a few weeks as the reviewing turns to new material and as our workload continues to increase.  I have so enjoyed watching him work so hard on his letter sounds the last two days!  I also talked with T-man over lunch about what I could do to make schooling more enjoyable to him and he suggested that we take the pages out of his book.  Apparently he doesn't like working IN a workbook?  Easy enough!  I don't mind doing that!

T-man using counters to count.

Hannah girl working on coloring and stickers!

I LOVE this! School books on the table, my binder full of lesson plans, kids working happily!  Awesome!!

Isaiah working on his math!
We ended our school day with a 2 hour physical education 'class' walking to the skate park and then to the playground.  We had to drag the kids away. 

1 comment:

Sues said...

I love this for you! I love the flexibility you are allowed. Congratulations & great start!

[PS - Hannah may end up being really advanced when she starts, just from having sat there, watching & absorbing her brothers' work! :-) We've seen that this year w/ Annelise already knowing much more than Will did when he started Kindy, b/c she's been right there during homework. :-)]