Friday, September 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday ... only on Friday... :)

Yesterday was crazy.  The end of our lovely 'honeymoon' of homeschooling, the first day where giving up sounded like an option in my mind.  And this morning when I read my friends "Thankful Thursday" list, I knew writing one myself would put my heart/mind in the right place.

1.  I am thankful for summer days when my husband doesn't have to work.  Contrary to popular beliefs that school teacher do nothing....he has worked 10 hour days at school this week only to come home and put in another 3-5 hours of grading/planning.  We miss him.  But these long days make me praise God that he has summers off!

2.  I am thankful for a photographer friend who took awesome pictures of my kids this week!

3. Forgiveness. Renewed friendships.  A repentant heart (mine).

4.  That I am able to home school kids.  That I even have the option to teach them about God in a free country when there are so many other Christians who can't even utter the Word of the Lord without being put to death.

5.  For a husband who sees me as a precious child of God, and treats me as so.  Even when I am so undeserving.  I am blown away that he loves me so much.

6.  Listening to my kids store precious biblical truths in their hearts!

7.  WOL Campground...because at least once a week Sam and I talk about our excitement to return next year!!!!  It is the best family vacation ... but we don't really see it as a vacation since we are learning so much about Christ during that week that our brains are overflowing when we come home!

8.  Friends that God has put in my life along our many stops along the way.  I'm so sad that we have moved and have left many wonderful friends behind, but what a huge rock they have been in my pursuit for God!

9.  It's Friday, and that means we get to hang out with my parents at some point this weekend and there is something so comforting about their house for me!

10.  God's sweet promise found in Scripture when facing trials.  1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,"

11. For Christ Tomlin's song "Our God is Greater" that has been played no fewer than 23 times a day at my house this past week!

And I could keep going but our school day is waiting to start! :)


3 comments:

Sues said...

Now THAT is a praise list! :-D

Cristale said...

I may have to borrow this idea :)

Housewife Loving Life said...

I love your "Thankful list", better late than never! <3