Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Big Day!

Silly Girl!

Mr. Robot getting down to work!

Brother helping Brother.  SO encouraging! Love it!
Today there were amazing strides made in our home in schooling!  It was a HUGE blessing coming off a fairly dismissal week.  If it weren't January looking a bit wild with the new little one arriving, I probably would've written off the whole week, but we plugged away...all be it...miserably.  Friday night as I was talking with Sam about how I'm just not getting enough curriculum completed, he reminded me to look through the state standards to see exactly where the kids were falling.  They have already completed more than 1/2 of the standards for their respective grades.

This morning started off with T doing some awesome reading!  He has started reading CVC words!  While up stairs laying down for our afternoon rest, he found a Bob Book and started reading it! He was so excited to come down stairs and read it with me.  His frustration was evident as he sounded out word after word, but I was so proud of him sticking with it and not giving up.  He voiced frustration over not being able to read like his brother.  Isaiah started the year off very behind in reading, and while he still struggles he has developed fluency....and don't tell him but I do believe reading is becoming more of a pleasure for him!  T also rocked his math assessment which for him is fantastic!  He doesn't care at all about numbers.  He said to us one day at the table for dinner, "No, I don't dream about numbers.  I don't know why anyone would do THAT."  Isaiah looked at him astonished, as he nightly practices his addition and subtraction facts on his chalkboard in his room.  I found that the reading gave T the success he needed to experience to want to tackle the numbers.  He is like superman right now during school, tackling everything in sight!

I'm so grateful that I get to rejoice with them...and looking back from the other side of the tunnel (ie. our not so fun week last week), I am grateful that we get to struggle together also!

No comments: