Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow, this feels forced today :(

And it shouldn't because there is SO much to be thankful for.  I've been feeling so down lately.  I know all the right bible verses on why I shouldn't, I even read with the children this week from Ephesians when Paul said I will be content in all circumstances. But I am.  I have no excuses.

I am thankful for a dear sister in the Lord who loves me so much.  Every time we are together I feel so challenged yet comforted. 

I am thankful for the blessing of baby clothes!  This baby has so much to choose from!  I'm even running out of room.  I am thankful that I get to feel him kicking and, yes...sometimes I even talk out loud to him!  I can't wait to just snuggle and hold him when he gets here. 

I am thankful for a husband who fills my van up for me when it needs it! 

I am thankful that I get to rejoice with my children when they succeed in their school work.  I am thankful that I get to read chapter books out loud to them.  I am thankful that we get to study the Word of God together. 

I am thankful that I get to listen to my husband teach Sunday School!  I am thankful that I am his helpmeet on this side of Heaven.  His knowledge is overwhelming and encouraging...and he is mine!

And, I am thankful for HEAT.  We had to bite the bullet and turn it on and it is so nice to sit during out school day and feel the warmth of the furnace!  My kids huddle around the vent and enjoy it multiple times throughout the day.  We praise God that we can heat our home!


I need to do a little homeschooling update.  This was a wild week for us with lots of appointments out of the house!  The kids loved it, of course...but it made for a crazy schooling week! 

1 comment:

Sues said...

I love your honesty so much!!!